Friday, July 29, 2011

Reform Symposium Session - Let's Talk About Kids That Come To Us From Poverty

I'm honored to be a part of the Reform Symposium this year and am excited to lead a conversation that I feel has fallen by the wayside too often in education conferences, for whatever reason. The conversation will be about how we can build empathy instead of pity in teachers who work in high-poverty areas and then what specific actions we can start taking to have a larger and longer impact on these types of students. This will be a conversation, so if you plan on coming PLEASE also plan on thinking and contributing some ideas. I'm selfishly hoping to get great strategies from folks who attend and I know we'll all benefit from learning together.

What: Let's Talk About Kids That Come To Us From Poverty
When: Saturday, July 30th at 21:00 (9:00 PM) EST
Where: Elluminate Room: Direct Link
Who: Anyone that wants to talk more about this issue and walk away with more ideas of how to have a greater impact on the kids that need it most

Here's the survey I'm asking folks to submit prior to the session

Here's the presentation/questions I'm using to drive the conversation:

Here's a video of me describing what I hope we can do in the 30 minutes we have:



Hope to see you there!

No comments: