Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Packing bags for the Outer Banks!


I'm heading to the Outer Banks with 175 8th graders tomorrow morning (we meet at 5:15!!!!). For those that don't know, the Outer Banks are the eastern shores of North Carolina- a fantastic place rich with history and science opportunities. We'll be visiting Cape Hatteras, Ocracoke Island (where Blackbeard hid out and was eventually killed), and will be visiting Kitty Hawk, where we can stand in the actual spot where the first flight occurred.

It'll be a blast, and I'm the tech guy so of course we'll be doing some fun techy things. I've rounded up some student reporters and will set them loose with Kodak Zi8 cameras to take pictures and short videos. I've set up a Youtube account to upload videos as well. We will also be live streaming during the day from my iPhone on the JN Fries Outer Banks channel and will have two nightly recaps led by student reporters live at 9:15 Wednesday night and 9:00 Thursday night. In addition, I'll post pictures as we go as well.

If you'd like to follow along, all of these adventures will be chronicled at jnfriesouterbanks.wetpaint.com.

Oh and....did I mention 175 8th graders? So.....pray for me.

No comments: